Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Night Photography

As I wasn't satisfied with all of my night shots that I had taken as part of my Major Project, I decided to see if I could capture some more interesting sights in Bangkok.

Although these images will not be included in my major project some of the alternatives taken in the same locations will be.

The first two are taken at a busy junction in the middle of Bangkok. To get a trail of car lights like this you need a few seconds exposure. The first one I used 4 seconds at f22.








This one was taken hand held as I was squashed against a bollard trying not to get run over - just normal procedure for crossing the road in Bangkok. I used a high ISO at 30th sec with a vibration reduction lens. With the back support I was able to keep it fairly sharp.








The next two images were taken at the end of an adult entertainment zone. People working here and the customers don't like having their photos taken so I used a telephoto lens from across the street.








This was the other end of the street and the reflections at the bottom right are off a passing car.

No comments:

Post a Comment